Daily Baby Center Benefits
The Daily Baby Center is a revolutionary data management and automated reporting software application for the regular, intermediate and intensive care nursery settings. The Daily Baby Center allows the real time tracking of day to day detailed medical information on neonatal patients. A series of simple data entry screens guide the clinician through the documentation of a neonate’s stay in the nursery. Admission history and physical examinations, daily progress notes and discharge evaluations are all entered directly into the application utilizing timesaving data entry features, such as user- customized choice lists and exam templates.
Current handwritten medical record documentation results in the bulk of clinical information being buried in the chart making access difficult and time consuming. The Information that is entered into the Daily Baby Center is stored in a large relational database thereby providing clinicians with ready access to daily documentation for statistical analysis and preparation, fully automated report production, quality improvement and outcome reviews, clinical pathway design and measurement, physician practice profiling and patient billing activities.
- Increases documentation accuracy
- Produces standardized, legible documentation
- Automates state and regulatory reporting demands
- Automates ICD-9/CPT/DRG coding for neonatal cases
- Maintains a comprehensive neonatal database while completing daily documentation requirements
- Provides a tool for comprehensive statistical analysis
- Integrates with labor and delivery (the Perinatal Data Center)
- Integrates with the developmental follow up clinic (the Infant Development Center)